Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Drunk Driving Facts & Stats and other DUI topics.
Think you are safe from DUI? Think again. Drunk driving facts show that anyone, at any time can be a victim. Here are some little-known drunk driving facts that show you what I mean:
• Over 40% of fatal automobile accidents are alcohol-related
• Approximately 30% of Americans will be in an accident involving alcohol
• According to estimates, someone is injured in an alcohol-related accident every two minutes
• Accidents involving alcohol are more likely to occur at night… about five times more likely
• About two-thirds of DUI convictions are for first time offenders
• More than one-third of all fatal traffic accidents involve at least one person with a BAC over 0.08%
Do you still think you can dodge the drunk driving bullet? Drunk driving facts do not lie. Do what you can to avoid becoming a statistic.