June 9, 2006, Newsletter Issue #19: Financial Recovery After a Drunk Driving Crash

Tip of the Week

Many people think that after a drunk driving crash, there is little recourse beyond that of the driver’s auto insurance. However, much more can be lost than your car after a drunk driving crash and here are a few places you can seek to recover from your losses:

• Were you injured? If so, consult with your employer about disability benefits you can collect while you are unable to work.
• How seriously were you injured? If your drunk driving crash resulted in serious injury, consult with an attorney about a civil suit against the driver responsible for the crash.
• Did you lose more than your car in the crash? If you had valuables in your car when you were the victim of a drunk driving crash and you are a homeowner or renter, consult with your homeowner’s or renter’s insurance company to recover losses of items that would typically be in your home.
• Can the state help? Many states have ‘Crime Victim Compensation’ laws that will help cover expenses such as hospital and funerals for victims of crimes. Check with a local State’s Attorney with regard to your local regulations.

A drunk driving crash does not have to be the end of the world. Get the financial help that is available to you as a victim of such a serious crime.

About LifeTips

Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.

Not finding the advice and tips you need on this DUI Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Tammi Reynolds