Am I Ineligible For a Diversion Agreement?

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about DUI Schools and other DUI topics.

What could make me ineligible for a diversion program?

Am I Ineligible For a Diversion Agreement?

A diversion agreement means you must plead guilty or no contest to a DUI charge, then attend DUI school, rehab, counseling, or any other court-directed program. First DUI offenders are eligible for this in most cases, but there are notable exceptions you should be aware of.

Many states consider those who carry commercial driver's licenses such as truck drivers, chauffeurs, and delivery people to be ineligible for a diversion agreement. Also, most state laws say any crime such as murder, manslaughter, and negligent homicide connected to a motor vehicle will automatically render the offender ineligible for the diversion program.

As always, it is best to consult a lawyer savvy in DUI law to learn what your best option may be, with or without a diversion program, DUI school, etc.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this DUI Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Joe Wallace