Out of State Representation

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about DUI Laws and other DUI topics.

Can I get a lawyer to "stand in" for me in an out-of-state DUI case?

Out of State Representation

In many cases, those out-of-state residents charged with a violation of state DUI laws may have their DUI or DWI cases represented for them by an in-state lawyer. The lawyer will have to demonstrate that it is "inconvenient" for you to be present based on your residency status in another state. Most lawyers can and do represent such cases without the defendant present.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this DUI Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Susan Sayour