February 20, 2009, Newsletter Issue #155: The Out of State DUI Violation

Tip of the Week

If you are charged with a violation of California DUI law, but live in another state, you may not have your license confiscated by the California police officer. However, most states have some sort of reciprocity agreement by which you may be assessed points against your license or be charged according to the laws of your state.

The out-of-state nature of your case may complicate your defense options. Expect the state Department of Motor Vehicles where you got your license from to impose the appropriate measures.

About LifeTips

Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.

Not finding the advice and tips you need on this DUI Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Carma Spence-Pothitt