Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about DUI Laws and other DUI topics.
Don't be stupid and get a DUI in Arizona. Arizona DUI law has a national reputation as among the Nation's toughest:
• The legal limit for blood alcohol level is .08%
• A blood alcohol concentration of .150% or higher results in additional charges
• A first offense extreme DUI carries a minimum sentence of 30 days in jail
• If it is a 3rd offense or more within a 5 year period charges are more severe
• If there is a child in the car it is considered a felony
Every year the DUI laws in Arizona become more severe, either through judge-made case law, or through legislation promoted by groups such as MADD and prosecutors. If you are driving in Arizona, be aware of the local DUI laws.